Thursday, March 23, 2017

Publisher Shares Lily Collins' 'Note to Self'

I haven't had a chance to read actress Lily Collins' book "Unfiltered: No Shame, No Regrets, Just Me," but from what I've read at least part of it is written in letter style. 

According to news stories I've read, one chapter is titled "A Letter to All Dads," and it focuses on her relationship with her father, musician Phil Collins. In the letter, she forgives him for being away from her so much. 

When I looked up the book online, I came across the Penguin Random House publishing company website that offers an excerpt from the book. The piece is titled "Note to Self" and includes the following passage:

"Forgiving myself is just as important as forgiving others. But now I know. Now I know I deserve to be the happiest, most fulfilled version of myself that I can possibly be. And I promise to use my experiences to continue to grow, heal, and expand my life. It starts with me. In order to accept the love I deserve from someone else, I must truly believe that I am worthy of it. And I am. And I’ll never let anyone tell me differently."

The publisher suggests that readers print out "Note to Self" and keep it handy to read any time. You can find it by clicking here. 

It sounds like it might be a good book to read!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...