Thursday, April 10, 2014

Love letters

If you're thinking about writing a love letter during Card and Letter Writing Month, take some cues from the late Johnny Cash, who certainly had a way with words, not just in songs but in love letters, too.

Some of Johnny's letters to his wife, June Carter Cash, are featured on the Dyer & Jenkins website, as well as in the book "House of Cash: The Legacies of my Father, Johnny Cash" by their son, John Carter Cash. 

Johnny Cash was a prolific songwriter, but you have to wonder if any of the songs meant as much to June as did the letter he wrote to her on her 65th birthday. In part, he writes:
"You still fascinate and inspire me. You influence me for the better. You’re the object of my desire, the #1 Earthly reason for my existence. I love you very much."
That letter seems to exemplify the best advice for writing a love letter: write unabashedly from your heart.

Happy letter writing today!





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...