Monday, November 19, 2012

Write Your Congressman

Now that the election is over, the U.S. lawmakers have returned to Washington, D.C., to work. Although they will be taking a holiday for Thanksgiving, the senators and representatives are back in session.

If you have something you want to say, if you want to tell your congressman what you think he or she should be doing, you can write a letter.

If you need the address for where to mail your letter, just click on these links:

Write your senator
Write your Representative (You'll have to click on your representative's name and then search his or her website for the address.)
Write the President and the Vice President

Let your elected officials know what's on your mind today!

(Flag clip art courtesy of www.ace-clipart.com)











2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've written to Washington for years. I get answers. Patent replies that let me know they're not really listening. So, in my last letter, in a nut shell, I said, "If you feel the need to send me another form letter, don't bother." Well, after a long wait, but a few days ago, I received one of the best replies ever.

I'd written about specifics. I received a two-page letter with specific answers and proposals in return. I flushed from head to toe! I'd planned to save my "Limner Goes to Washington Letter" for after Thanksgiving. I always tell anyone who will listen: Complaining is cheap. Acting is powerful.

I don't just complain about our government. I am not a letter-writer for nothing. I write when good things are done, but more often than not, I write about my beefs. Sometimes we need to remind the people in Washington that they work for US. So, I am with you. Thanks for this post.

JoAnna said...

It's funny you should mention this. I had to write to my government reps as part of a professional development grant. My husband also won a grant. I wrote my letters by hand - thank you notes. He used a form email. I received no response at all. He received a response from his email via snail mail. It's mystifying to me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...