Thursday, October 11, 2012

New Holiday Stamp






The U.S.P.S.'s new "Holy Family" stamp was issued yesterday, Oct. 10, 2013. The Forever stamp features Joseph leading a donkey that carries Mary and Jesus, guided by a shining star in the twilight sky. The stamp also features the word "Christmas" along the bottom edge.

Working together, art director William Gicker, designer Greg Breeding and artist Nancy Stahl have created the image of the Holy Family. 

The stamp was unveiled at a ceremony in the Washington, D.C., National Cathedral’s Bethlehem Chapel, whose “Epiphany Window” was featured in the Postal Service’s 1980 traditional Madonna and Child stamp issue.

 For more holiday images, the "Santa and Sleigh" stamps are being issued today. Here's the post I wrote a couple of weeks ago about those stamps: Santa Stamps!

4 comments:

Humberto Dib said...

Great blog!
Cheers from Argentina.
HD

Unknown said...

Thanks for the post about the new holiday stamps. I just purchased them online. They will go perfect with our cards

Anonymous said...

I love these stamps. i also posted about the new holiday stamps on my blog.

Anonymous said...

I love these stamps.
I will order and use on my xmas mail

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...