Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Out of Ink!

I'm not really a fan of gel pens, but a while back, I bought a package of Pilot G-2 07 (Fine Point) purple pens. I don't normally like gel pens because they don't write well for me. Whether it's the pens or my writing style, they tend to leak and/or skip.

But, I wanted a purple pen. And, I liked the fact that the G-2 was retractable. In the past, I've had trouble with gel pens drying out after I lost the top to them. And, I love fine-point pens. So, I tried the G-2, and I loved it!

It has a clip on it, so I can attach it to a notebook. It's retractable, so it doesn't dry out, and it doesn't get ink on other things in my purse. And, the purple ink is just cool.

I rarely "use up" a pen, especially a ball point or gel pen. Usually, I lose them or they dry up.

But, today at lunch, while I was jotting down some ideas, my favorite pen — the purple Pilot G-2 07 ran out of ink.

I think I bought a package of two pens. Now, I'll have to look around for that other pen. Or, go shopping for more.

How about you? Do you have a favorite pen? Do you keep extras on hand? Tell me about it!

8 comments:

TheSnailMailer said...

I am a huge fan of the G2 gels and go out of my way to purchase them and sarasa zebras. A lot of the cheap gel pens can be very goopy and not write well, but both of these have worked well for me time and again!

Felicia said...

I have these exact pens and I think they're great! I will probably use them until they're out of ink too!

Elle Mental said...

I am very fond of the G-2 .o7 in black. It is really the only regular type pen I use. My husband tried one of mine and really liked it. He is a notorious pen thief so I told him that he must use the G-2 .05 so I'd know when he was absconding with mine... :)

greeniezona said...

I love the G2s, though I am frustrated that while they bill themselves as refillable, it is nigh impossible to find replacement cartridges in any color other than black or blue. And I say nigh only in the hope that somewhere, really, they are manufacturing refills in all the lovely colors and I just haven't found the magical stationer's store that carries them.

Before the G2s, I loved Gelly Rolls, but I noticed that if you dropped them on their tip (which happens a lot in my house, I have kids), they often never work again.

JEN said...

The G2 gels are some of the only pens that I use :) I love them! All of the colors are great.

Monica Corwin said...

I love these pens as well. Here is a whole plethora of ink refills you can just order online...and indeed, in purple.

http://www.google.com/#q=g2+pilot+refill+purple&hl=en&prmd=imvns&source=lnms&tbm=shop&ei=k190T5XPKqqhiAeBz4DkDw&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=6&ved=0CHAQ_AUoBQ&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=de8a20d0e62b151f&biw=1366&bih=576

clara said...

I love the G2s and buy them in bulk. I've used up about 10 this past year! I've always had 'favorite' pens from high school to adulthood - they used to be the regular BIC pens, papermate pens...and now I like the G2s (medium point for me!) When I was in first grade I fell in love with a pencil (guess I've had favorite writing instruments for longer than I remembered!) - it was called the Venus Velvet - yellow with blue band around the top by the eraser. I've looked for those, but can't find them anymore.

laurel said...

I love those pens too! I've got a hot pink one in my bag right now. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...