Thursday, March 1, 2012

New Letter Writing Blog

I recently discovered The 52 Letters Project, created by freelance writer JoAnna Haugen. She started the letter-a-week project at the beginning of this year.

According to the Project Details page of her blog, JoAnna says, "Despite what many people suggest, I refuse to believe that the handwritten word is dead. It is with this in mind that I’ve decided to rekindle my love of letter writing by chronicling 52 weeks of writing 52 letters to 52 different people."

She's up to letter #9, and each post includes a photo of the letter and/or the envelope she's mailing. Additionally, each post tells a story about the recipient and how she's knows him or her.

It's a great blog, and I look forward to following JoAnna's letter writing project.

Stop by her blog for a visit!

2 comments:

Suddenly Susan said...

Yeah, thanks for posting the link. I'm definitely going to follow this blog. I happen to be one of those who believe handwritten letters will be around if we keep encouraging our kids and grandkids to write.

Never give up!

JoAnna said...

Thank you so much for featuring my blog! It's been fun finding a community of other letter writers out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...