Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Interesting story about communicating with soldiers

Since I mentioned the American Experience episode "War Letters" earlier this week, I thought today I would point you in the direction of another article about writing letters to soldiers. Doug Zellmer wrote "Communication from the frontlines: Letters used to rule, but now troops are just a click away from home" for The Northwestern in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. It's interesting to read Zellmer's story about how communication has changed over the decades. (Note: I'm having a little trouble with the link, but it seems to work from time to time. Keep trying, if it doesn't work the first time.)

2 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

Any way you could reprint Zellmer's article? I've tried several times and can't get either to it or to Northwestern's web site.

365 Letters said...

Well, I don't want to violate any copyrights. But I tried again after lunch, and it opened up immediately. Maybe they were just having some internet problems this morning.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...