Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Profile of a Letter Writer

Blogger Lauren from Norman, Oklahoma, posts copies of the letters she sends and receives (after she blocks out the names and addresses, of course). SincerelyLauren.com is a great place to go to see how real-life letters are written, what people say to each other, etc.

Lauren also makes her own stationery/note cards.

Here are Lauren’s answer to my questions:

1. Why do you write letters?
I love stationery and being crafty.  I also hate only getting bills in the mail.  I want to be excited when I go to my mail box.

2. Which is more exciting for you (and tell us why -- elaborate) -- finding a letter in your mailbox or dropping a letter into a mailbox? I do love dropping a letter off to be mailed, but I'm way more excited about receiving personal letters.  It brightens my day and gives me something to look forward to.

3. Who do you write to? Why? I have recently started writing to random people.  Mainly because my friends have adapted to technology with flying colors and have left old fashioned snail mail behind, so I don't receive much from them when I write to them.

4. Do you write to people who never write back? Why or why not? Not really.  I mainly don't write back because the recipient is either not interested in letter writing or I may not live at that address anymore.

5. Do you use fancy stationery or plain notebook paper? Why? I use fancy stationery.  That's the main reason I like to write letters.  I like art and pretty things and stationery can sometimes be considered one or both.

6. Do you e-mail, text, etc., too? If so, what determines who gets an e-mail and who gets a letter? I do email and text but only when I need a direct response.  I use letter writing for recreational purposes, and leisurely communication.

7. Do you always handwrite letters? Or, do you ever type them on a  typewriter or print them out from a computer? I have toyed around with the idea of typing them out.  I have this great font that is my own handwriting, so I may use that at some point, but for now I handwrite my own letters.

8. Tell us about your blog/website. It's a website a friend started for me after I had mentioned the Idea of writing to random people to get rid of stationery and therefore have an excuse to buy more.  He suggested that I blog the send outs and the responses.  My blog monkey is the genius mastermind behind my blog site.

9. Why should people write more letters? I don't think I would use the word "should," but I think they would have more fun writing letters than they would sending a boring email.  When you write a letter you can take pride in the fact that you went to the trouble of taking time out of your day to create something special for someone else.
 
10. What is your favorite letter? Any letter that is sent to me.  I'm not picky.  I do like longer letters, but beggars can't be choosers.

 If you want to send Lauren a letter, write to her at:
Sincerely Lauren
PO BOX 5436
Norman,OK 73070

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...