Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Letter #251 -- Do you think so?

Not long ago, I got a fortune cookie at a Chinese restaurant that said: This is a prosperous time of life for you.

It seems like often we don't think we're in a prosperous time of life. It seems as if we almost always want more. We can always think of certain things that can be better.

Along this theme, I've been having regular conversations with my 10-year-old daughter on our way to school every morning. She typically has a complaint about school. She doesn't like PE, she's not happy with this teacher or that one, etc. So, I talk to her about finding the good in each situation, finding something to like about every teacher, etc. I have no idea if my talks are working or not, but I keep talking.

So, how about you? Do you think this is a "prosperous time of life for you"? If so, are you enjoying it? What are you doing to take advantage of the good situation? How did you get to this point?

Even if it doesn't seem so on the bottom line, are you making the most of a difficult situation? How? What do you do to keep going, to continue pushing forward?

Write a letter about it to a friend. I know you don't want to brag, but you can express your gratitude for how things are going or talk about the situation in other ways.

Letter writing topic for Sept. 8, 2010

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...