Monday, August 23, 2010

Letter #233 -- New clothes

I remember the excitement of the first day of school. The smell of a fresh box of crayons, the crispness of a newly sharpened pencil. The freshness of back-to-school clothes. There are lots of pictures of me on the first day of school, but I especially remember one outfit. It was in the fourth, maybe the fifth grade, mid 1970s. I can't guarantee I wore it on the first day of school, but it was a new outfit for the school year. Purple bell-bottomed pants and a purple tie-dyed T-shirt.

Today, my daughter's wardrobe has plenty of tie-dyed T-shirts, peace signs and smiley faces. I wonder if she'll remember them as fondly as I do.

Write a letter about your back-to-school outfits. What was memorable? What was your favorite outfit from your childhood?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...