Friday, July 23, 2010

Letter #204 -- Hat or no hat?

I used to wear hats. Not caps, like baseball caps. But hats. Ladies hats. I had (and still have many) straw hats, fancy hats, silver hats, bright pink hats, hats with veils, hats with bows, hats with flowers. One year my brother gave me a box full of vintage hats. That was a great gift!

I don't wear hats much anymore. Nowadays, it seems, the young can wear hats, and the old can wear hats. But, people tend to look at middle-aged women like they're a little bit wacky if they walk around in a hat. (I'm sure there are lots of people who will testify that I am, indeed, a little bit wacky.) Maybe I'll do it anyway. Maybe I'll start wearing hats again.

What do you think? Hats or no hats? What do you prefer? A hat? A cap? What kind? Or, do you prefer no hat at all?

Write a letter about it. Tell somebody what you think about hats. Sure, it's a little wacky, but so what?!?

Letter writing topic for July 23, 2010

3 comments:

StoneZebra said...

Oh hats, definitely! But not baseball caps (unless you're actually playing baseball) I love to see people wearing hats, especially fun ones! Sadly, I do not seem to look good in hats myself so I enjoy them vicariously.

Mrs. Duffy said...

I LOVE hats but I don't wear them anymore. Maybe it's the middle aged thing.... I once had hopes of starting a trend but nobody joined in so I remained the only hat lady I knew. I'll have to get back to that. It's okay to be wacky; just call it "flare." :o)

Anonymous said...

Hats must be in the air-check out 'The Art of Aging' Page on Facebook :)Lois

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...