Thursday, July 8, 2010

Letter #189 -- Make an Offer

Today, write a letter to a friend offering your help. Somewhere in your list of friends, you have a friend who needs something. Maybe he or she lost a job, has been sick, has experienced a death in the family...for some reason, they could use your assistance.

When you make your offer, try to make it specific. You know how it is, someone says, "Let me know if I can help." And you say, "Oh, no, I can handle it." or something like that. If you're planning to go to your friend's house for a while, offer to bring a meal with you. "I'm planning to come over next Tuesday and mow your grass. I'll bring a pizza and some drinks, and you can tell me what all I need to do to help."

Try to make it something they can't refuse. And, try to think of anything else you can do to help out...such as bring a few frozen casseroles you can put in their freezer for their future meals or buy them a book of stamps and some stationery, if you know they like to write letters, or a box of greeting cards, if they have trouble getting out to the store, etc.

Letter writing topic for July 8, 2010

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...