Thursday, February 4, 2010

Letter #35

Letter writing topic for February 4, 2010:

"Encouraging Letters" is the most popular search phrase that brings people to this blog. I suppose there are many situations in which people might want to write an encouraging letter...when a friend is out of work or a relative is sick or when a child has some problems in school or when an older person has to move into an assisted-care facility... I think the most important thing to say in a letter of encouragement is "I'm thinking of you." Sometimes, it's difficult to say, "I know what  you're going through," because maybe you don't really understand it. But, you can still know that they are in pain and you can offer to help if you can. Say "I'm here for you." Even better, say "I will be there Monday at noon."

Today, write an encouraging letter to someone who needs to hear a kind word.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...