Friday, July 17, 2009

New National Postal Museum online exhibit

The Smithsonian's National Postal Museum has a new online exhibit, "One Giant Leap for Mankind: Celebrating NASA and Apollo 11 Through Stamps." (I can't get Blogger's linking to work, but the exhibit is at: http://www.postalmuseum.si.edu/ I'll try to update the link later, if it's working.)

It is an interesting exhibit, with pictures of a variety of space exploration-related stamps, as well as some photos of the actual events that the stamps were based on. Additionally, there is some explanatory history.

It's worth a look.

2 comments:

Alexandra MacVean said...

Kewl! I want to check it out! Thanks for sharing with us. Happy Friday!! :)

phonelady said...

Have you heard of the holocaust butterfly project ? check it out and see if this is something your daughter might be interested in doing . I am thinking about doing it myself .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...